Who We Are
Identity and Mission
The Kentucky Baptist Fellowship is a fellowship of churches and individuals who share a commitment to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower Kentucky Baptist churches and Christians, cultivate partnerships, and engage in missions.
Jesus Christ is the center of our life and work. God is our guide, revealed in scripture, discerned through the Holy Spirit in conversation with the gathered people of God.Therefore we value:
- our heritage as Christians and Baptists, including the principles of soul competency, priesthood of all believers, local church autonomy, freedom to read and interpret scripture, and the separation of church and state;
- missions, social ministries, and evangelism;
- diversity and openness to any believer God calls to leadership and ministry;
- a partnership model of church life and ministry and our partnership with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
Our vision is to:
- connect more churches and individuals with hands-on, face-to-face mission opportunities;
- create partnerships among diverse churches and people;
- become a more diverse and intergenerational fellowship;
- link congregations and individuals with educational support;
- assist in the creation of new churches.
Based in Louisville, Kentucky, the Kentucky Baptist Fellowship is a statewide organization that includes many individuals and churches. We are governed by an elected Coordinating Council of laity and clergy from across the state. Our mission and ministry are guided by various work groups of the council in partnership with the staff.
Kentucky Baptist Fellowship organized to..."Work together as partners who belong to God."
Paul admonished the church at Corinth to: "Let all things be done decently and in order." (1 Corinthians 14:40)
Kentucky Baptist Fellowship was birthed on April 19, 1991 at St. Matthew's Baptist Church. We are a non-profit Christian Organization with a focus on missions and ministry. We are a fellowship of individuals and churches.
A Coordinating Council, made up of clergy, laity, men and women from across Kentucky, guides our work. Five officers provide oversight for the work of the council.
- Moderator - leads the council, presides at meetings
- Moderator-elect - responsible for planning the program for the annual meeting
- Immediate Past Moderator - chairs the nominating committee
- Secretary - keeps minutes of all meetings
- Treasurer - has charge of receipts and monies of KBF
Currently, members of the council serve on one of three work groups:
- Administrative - Develops and oversees annual budget and provides accountability and support to personnel.
- Ministries - Strengthens our CBF/KBF community by utilizing our resources and promoting our strengths.
- Missions - Leads KBF to engage in missions locally and internationally.
Chairs of these work groups join the officers to make up an Executive Committee. For more information about KBF Leadership, click here.
Our offices are located at:
Broadway Baptist Church
4000 Brownsboro Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
PO Box 7098
Louisville, KY 40257