Position Openings (updated 2/17/2015)
Pastor - Starling Avenue Baptist Church
Description of the Position: Starling Avenue Baptist Church, Martinsville, Virginia is seeking a pastor who will lead our congregation as we continue a heritage of faith, stewardship, equality, and missions. The new pastor should:
• Be Spirit-led.
• Articulately convey the relevance of scripture to daily life.
• Be relational.
• Be collaborative, willing to work ecumenically, and open to marginalized people.
• Bring an innovative approach to a traditional worship style.
• Hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college and a Master of Divinity or equivalent degree from a seminary accredited by the American Association of Theological Schools.
• Be personally and innovatively involved in missions.
• Be willing to accept the challenges of growing the church, bringing a better age balance to the congregation, and re-engaging inactive members.
SABC affirms the priesthood of believers and servant leadership. We are affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. There are 325 resident members with average attendance of 110 in two worship services. More information is available at http://www.starlingavenue.org
Resumes may be submitted electronically at email@example.com or by mail and postmarked by April 15.
SABC Search Committee
% Merle Prince
23 Pine Forest Drive
Spencer, Virginia 24165a
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Corbin
First Baptist Church in Corbin, Ky., affiliated with CBF and Kentucky Baptist Fellowship, is seeking a full-time pastor. FBC is a traditional, progressive church with a community focus. The church has a proud 118-year history in Corbin and is ecumenical in its approach in reaching the communities of southeastern Kentucky. Located in historic downtown Corbin, the church is within minutes of I-75. The congregation of approximately 400 members welcomes diversity and inclusiveness while celebrating many gifts among its members for service and ministry. Interested candidates should submit résumés to the pastor search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see a job description.
Please send resume and DVD to:
Pastor Search Committee
204 Church Street
Stanford, KY 40484
Minister of Students and Activities - Vinton Baptist Church, Vinton, VA
The Minister of Students and Activities is responsible for working with students from 6th grade through college. He or she plans, coordinates, promotes, and evaluates the effectiveness of the student ministry. In all relationships, he or she will be expected to provide a worthy example of an effective witness for Christ. He or she will be a vital part of the ministerial team. He or she shall be directly responsible to the pastor and shall perform duties as designated by the job description and other duties as deemed necessary. If interested in the Minister to Students & Activities staff position please send a letter stating your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com.
Minister of Children/Youth - First Baptist Church of Shepherdsville
First Baptist of Shepherdsville KY is seeking a spiritual and qualified individual to provide leadership of the church's children/youth ministry. This is a part-time ministerial position with responsibility for planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating the church's children and youth ministries for the purpose of leading children and youth to the knowledge of salvation and the process of Christian maturity. Please send letters of interest and resumes to Personnel Committee Chairperson, First Baptist Church, 254 S. Buckman St., Shepherdsville, KY 40165 or firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 543-7721.
Minister of Youth - St. Matthews Baptist Church, Louisville, KY
The Minister to Students is responsible for a full range of dynamic spiritual, social, emotional, and developmental programming that will enhance, educate, and edify the Christian walk of students in Middle School, High School and College. Specifically called to Student Ministry, the Minister to Students will work in tandem with other staff and lay leadership within the church to administrate a comprehensive program that will involve and minister to students, parents and families. The Minister to Students should have a Masters of Divinity or a Masters of Christian Education or an equivalent degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution and have completed coursework or continuing education seminars in student ministry, counseling, and related fields, and to be abreast of the latest materials and methods in student ministry. Ideally, candidates would have a preferred minimum of five years of successful experience in a growing student program. Send letters of interest and resume to Search Committee, St. Matthews Baptist Church, 3515 Grandview Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky 40207, or to EThompson@smbclouisville.org.
Associate Pastor for Students - Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, Athens, GA
Milledge Avenue Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia, seeks an Associate Pastor for Students. This is a full-time ministerial position responsible for the educational and spiritual development of children (preschool to grade 5), youth (grades 6-12), and their families. This integrated ministry to students is designed to ensure that parents and families, with the support of the congregation, are equal partners in the ministry to and by students. Like the Senior Pastor, he or she is expected to be a person called by God to the ministry of the local church, with specific skills in the area of youth ministry, and with general skills in spiritual formation and pastoral ministries (e.g., preaching, teaching, congregational care, and administrative leadership). MABC is affiliated with CBF and CBF of Georgia. A seminary degree is required. Send letters of interest and resume to Search Committee, Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, 1690 S. Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA 30605, or to email@example.com.
Part-time Minister of Youth - Fern Creek Baptist Church
According to the applicant’s gifts and skills, this position could also include the position of Children’s Minister or Associate Pastor. Applicant must exemplify a growing relationship with God, spiritual maturity, responsible authority, fervent evangelism, and effective communication skills. Send resumes to: Fern Creek Baptist Church, Attention: Personnel Committee, 5920 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40291, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be received through October 27, 2014. Questions? Call 239-0316 ext. 103 (Linda Barnes Popham).
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church, Augusta, Georgia
First Baptist Church, Augusta Georgia, is seeking a qualified, spiritual, and creative candidate for the full-time position of Minister of Music. First Baptist is a large faith community with a diverse and extensive music program. The Minister of Music is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of music within the church. This includes planning and leading worship services (traditional and contemporary), leadership for adult and children’s choirs, instrumental music, selecting music content, organizing special music services, supervising music program staff, overseeing worship technology, and pastoral care. A Seminary (or equivalent) degree is required. Experience in growing and maintaining an expansive music program is also preferred. Resumes will be accepted until April 1, 2014 and should be sent to: email@example.com or Attention: Search Committee, First Baptist Church, P. O. Box 14489, Augusta, GA 30919.
Associate Coordinator for Missions and Hispanic Mininstries - CBF Texas
CBF Texas is hiring an Associate Coordinator of Missions and Hispanic Ministries. If you have an candidate to recommend please do so before September 15, 2014. Applicants need to be bilingual and have multicultural experience. Submit the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or CBF TX, PO Box 15648, San Antonio, TX 78212. Below is more detail about the Qualifications and Job Description.
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred with consideration given to other Education Training through Seminars, Workshops, and Certificates.
2. U.S. Citizen, Visa in place or in process, or Religious Worker's Visa
3. Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in both English and Spanish
4. Active member of a Baptist Church
5. CBF Supporter
6. Significant Multicultural Experience
7. Basic Computer Skills
8. Driver's License and Vehicle with Insurance
9. Adept at Building Relationships
Engaging People in CBF Missions
- Connect individuals and teams to CBF mission projects both nationally and internationally
- Train and connect teams to work on Together for Hope (KidsHeart) projects in Texas
- help teams respond to disaster recovery efforts in Texas, the USA, and abroad
Connecting with Hispanics
- Provide leadership training events for colonia churches connected with Together For Hope (KidsHeart)
- Help Hispanic churches find staff
- Help in the development of Spanish resources, e.g. website, e-news, and printed materials
- Help Hispanic churches engage in CBF Global Mission work
- Teaching Anglo churches how to connect with 3rd generation Hispanics
Networking with Partners
- Interact regularly with students, faculty, and administration at BUA
- Establish good communications and relationships with Convencion and Hispanic related ministries in the BGCT
- Maintain good relationships with all our Texas partners in Together for Hope (KidsHeart)
- Work closely with the national Hispanic/Latino Network of CBF
- Be resource for other states and regions regarding Hispanic ministries
- Provide support to other staff when circumstances warrant it, e.g. General Assembly, annual planning retreat
POSITION OPENING SUBMISSION FORM