Position Openings (updated 7/2/2014)
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Corbin
First Baptist Church in Corbin, Ky., affiliated with CBF and Kentucky Baptist Fellowship, is seeking a full-time pastor. FBC is a traditional, progressive church with a community focus. The church has a proud 118-year history in Corbin and is ecumenical in its approach in reaching the communities of southeastern Kentucky. Located in historic downtown Corbin, the church is within minutes of I-75. The congregation of approximately 400 members welcomes diversity and inclusiveness while celebrating many gifts among its members for service and ministry. Interested candidates should submit résumés to the pastor search committee at email@example.com
Pastor - Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship, Lexington, South Carolina
We are a small, moderate-to-progressive church with a 10-year history and open to candidates of either gender. We are an inclusive and ecumenical congregation, passionate about our Baptist principles and committed to deepening our faith through honest, open-minded study as well as through building relationships in the community surrounding our church walls.
• coordinating the planning and implementing of worship services for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
• guiding the church in spiritual and membership growth
• providing pastoral care of the church family
• participating in church administration (meetings, bulletins and web-site)
For more information, contact Annis Rankin at 803.359.3853
Associate Pastor for Students - Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, Athens, GA
Milledge Avenue Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia, seeks an Associate Pastor for Students. This is a full-time ministerial position responsible for the educational and spiritual development of children (preschool to grade 5), youth (grades 6-12), and their families. This integrated ministry to students is designed to ensure that parents and families, with the support of the congregation, are equal partners in the ministry to and by students. Like the Senior Pastor, he or she is expected to be a person called by God to the ministry of the local church, with specific skills in the area of youth ministry, and with general skills in spiritual formation and pastoral ministries (e.g., preaching, teaching, congregational care, and administrative leadership). MABC is affiliated with CBF and CBF of Georgia. A seminary degree is required. Send letters of interest and resume to Search Committee, Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, 1690 S. Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA 30605, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church of Shepherdsville
First Baptist of Shepherdsville is seeking a spiritually and musically qualified person to serve the church as their next Minister of Music. This is a part-time position involving the leadership of the church's music ministry. This includes choir, praise team, and praise band, with the possibility of handbells and additional instrumentalists. This person will also lead in the church's use of media in worship, and will recruit and give oversight to the team of volunteers serving in the areas of sound and visual media. This person will work with the pastor in planning weekly worship services. Please send letters of interest and resumes to Personnel Committee Chairperson, First Baptist Church, 254 S. Buckman St., Shepherdsville, KY 40165, or to email@example.com.
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church, Augusta, Georgia
First Baptist Church, Augusta Georgia, is seeking a qualified, spiritual, and creative candidate for the full-time position of Minister of Music. First Baptist is a large faith community with a diverse and extensive music program. The Minister of Music is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of music within the church. This includes planning and leading worship services (traditional and contemporary), leadership for adult and children’s choirs, instrumental music, selecting music content, organizing special music services, supervising music program staff, overseeing worship technology, and pastoral care. A Seminary (or equivalent) degree is required. Experience in growing and maintaining an expansive music program is also preferred. Resumes will be accepted until April 1, 2014 and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Attention: Search Committee, First Baptist Church, P. O. Box 14489, Augusta, GA 30919.
Administrative Assistant - Buechel Park Baptist Church, Louisville
The Administrative Assistant performs the full range of secretarial and administrative functions for Buechel Park Baptist Church This is a full time position (30-40 hours per week) with benefits.
• Answer the telephone and communicate with people inside and outside Buechel Park Baptist Church regarding the work of this organization. This requires being knowledgeable and conversant about the work of Buechel Park Baptist Church.
• Operate all office equipment: computer (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), word processor, printer, copy machine and fax.
• Receive and direct incoming mail; answer routine correspondence in cooperation with the staff.
• Prepare correspondence and target mailings.
• Maintain master calendar of activities and coordinate with the Pastor and staff.
• Assist with the preparation and assembling of organizational materials.
• Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and promotional materials.
• Create and produce the monthly newsletter and two weekly publications, compiling information from the staff and church organization. (Note: the newsletter is mailed approximately every other month)
• Maintain membership database.
• Maintain Website (possess the capacity to be trained by our web host)
• Assist the Pastor in the administrative details of appointments, calendaring and other tasks while maintaining confidentiality.
• Prepare agendas, minutes and other materials for business meetings and ministry teams
Contact Don Rogers for more information.