Position Openings (updated 10/7/2014)
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Corbin
First Baptist Church in Corbin, Ky., affiliated with CBF and Kentucky Baptist Fellowship, is seeking a full-time pastor. FBC is a traditional, progressive church with a community focus. The church has a proud 118-year history in Corbin and is ecumenical in its approach in reaching the communities of southeastern Kentucky. Located in historic downtown Corbin, the church is within minutes of I-75. The congregation of approximately 400 members welcomes diversity and inclusiveness while celebrating many gifts among its members for service and ministry. Interested candidates should submit résumés to the pastor search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see a job description.
Please send resume and DVD to:
Pastor Search Committee
204 Church Street
Stanford, KY 40484
We are a small, moderate-to-progressive church with a 10-year history and open to candidates of either gender. We are an inclusive and ecumenical congregation, passionate about our Baptist principles and committed to deepening our faith through honest, open-minded study as well as through building relationships in the community surrounding our church walls.
• coordinating the planning and implementing of worship services for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
• guiding the church in spiritual and membership growth
• providing pastoral care of the church family
• participating in church administration (meetings, bulletins and web-site)
For more information, contact Annis Rankin at 803.359.3853
Associate Pastor for Students - Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, Athens, GA
Milledge Avenue Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia, seeks an Associate Pastor for Students. This is a full-time ministerial position responsible for the educational and spiritual development of children (preschool to grade 5), youth (grades 6-12), and their families. This integrated ministry to students is designed to ensure that parents and families, with the support of the congregation, are equal partners in the ministry to and by students. Like the Senior Pastor, he or she is expected to be a person called by God to the ministry of the local church, with specific skills in the area of youth ministry, and with general skills in spiritual formation and pastoral ministries (e.g., preaching, teaching, congregational care, and administrative leadership). MABC is affiliated with CBF and CBF of Georgia. A seminary degree is required. Send letters of interest and resume to Search Committee, Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, 1690 S. Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA 30605, or to email@example.com.
Part-time Interim Minister of Pastoral Care - Highland Baptist Church, Louisville, KY
Highland Baptist Church seeks an Interim Minister for a part time (15hrs/wk) position for pastoral care for participants at Friday Church, an evening gathering which reaches out to persons in recovery as well as others. This person will recruit, equip, and coordinate volunteers to enhance and expand Friday Church, and facilitate opportunities for Friday Church attendees to grow spiritually and to serve God and the community. Highland is a “thinking, feeling, healing community of faith” that is called “to be so changed by God’s transforming love revealed in Jesus Christ that we are an intriguing, inviting, and inclusive community of faith, filled with generous hearts and passion for God’s justice.” Please send resumes to Mike McFall at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26, 2014. For additional information about this position or Highland Baptist Church please visit our website at www.hbclouisville.org.
Part-time Minister of Youth - Fern Creek Baptist Church
According to the applicant’s gifts and skills, this position could also include the position of Children’s Minister or Associate Pastor. Applicant must exemplify a growing relationship with God, spiritual maturity, responsible authority, fervent evangelism, and effective communication skills. Send resumes to: Fern Creek Baptist Church, Attention: Personnel Committee, 5920 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40291, or email to email@example.com. Resumes will be received through October 27, 2014. Questions? Call 239-0316 ext. 103 (Linda Barnes Popham).
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church of Shepherdsville
First Baptist of Shepherdsville is seeking a spiritually and musically qualified person to serve the church as their next Minister of Music. This is a part-time position involving the leadership of the church's music ministry. This includes choir, praise team, and praise band, with the possibility of handbells and additional instrumentalists. This person will also lead in the church's use of media in worship, and will recruit and give oversight to the team of volunteers serving in the areas of sound and visual media. This person will work with the pastor in planning weekly worship services. Please send letters of interest and resumes to Personnel Committee Chairperson, First Baptist Church, 254 S. Buckman St., Shepherdsville, KY 40165, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church, Augusta, Georgia
First Baptist Church, Augusta Georgia, is seeking a qualified, spiritual, and creative candidate for the full-time position of Minister of Music. First Baptist is a large faith community with a diverse and extensive music program. The Minister of Music is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of music within the church. This includes planning and leading worship services (traditional and contemporary), leadership for adult and children’s choirs, instrumental music, selecting music content, organizing special music services, supervising music program staff, overseeing worship technology, and pastoral care. A Seminary (or equivalent) degree is required. Experience in growing and maintaining an expansive music program is also preferred. Resumes will be accepted until April 1, 2014 and should be sent to: email@example.com or Attention: Search Committee, First Baptist Church, P. O. Box 14489, Augusta, GA 30919.
Associate Coordinator for Missions and Hispanic Mininstries - CBF Texas
CBF Texas is hiring an Associate Coordinator of Missions and Hispanic Ministries. If you have an candidate to recommend please do so before September 15, 2014. Applicants need to be bilingual and have multicultural experience. Submit the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or CBF TX, PO Box 15648, San Antonio, TX 78212. Below is more detail about the Qualifications and Job Description.
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred with consideration given to other Education Training through Seminars, Workshops, and Certificates.
2. U.S. Citizen, Visa in place or in process, or Religious Worker's Visa
3. Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in both English and Spanish
4. Active member of a Baptist Church
5. CBF Supporter
6. Significant Multicultural Experience
7. Basic Computer Skills
8. Driver's License and Vehicle with Insurance
9. Adept at Building Relationships
Engaging People in CBF Missions
- Connect individuals and teams to CBF mission projects both nationally and internationally
- Train and connect teams to work on Together for Hope (KidsHeart) projects in Texas
- help teams respond to disaster recovery efforts in Texas, the USA, and abroad
Connecting with Hispanics
- Provide leadership training events for colonia churches connected with Together For Hope (KidsHeart)
- Help Hispanic churches find staff
- Help in the development of Spanish resources, e.g. website, e-news, and printed materials
- Help Hispanic churches engage in CBF Global Mission work
- Teaching Anglo churches how to connect with 3rd generation Hispanics
Networking with Partners
- Interact regularly with students, faculty, and administration at BUA
- Establish good communications and relationships with Convencion and Hispanic related ministries in the BGCT
- Maintain good relationships with all our Texas partners in Together for Hope (KidsHeart)
- Work closely with the national Hispanic/Latino Network of CBF
- Be resource for other states and regions regarding Hispanic ministries
- Provide support to other staff when circumstances warrant it, e.g. General Assembly, annual planning retreat
POSITION OPENING SUBMISSION FORM