Position Openings (updated 3/27/2014)
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Morehead
First Baptist Church, located in Morehead, KY, aligned with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, is seeking a Pastor to serve our congregation and lead its ministries. We have approximately 150 active members. For the most part we are college educated, with many members holding advanced degrees. Many members and regular attenders are professionals at Morehead State University and St. Claire Regional Medical Center; others are attorneys, teachers, managers, business owners and self-employed. As a congregation with a median age of approximately 50, we are working to attract more young adults and young families of our community to participate in our fellowship.
While we are proud of our Baptist heritage, we are not dogmatic; we welcome people of all faith traditions or no faith tradition. Members are accepted on profession of faith and by statement. People from other faith traditions seeking membership are not required to be re-baptized regardless of the method of their original baptism. We are an open communion church; everyone is welcome at the Lord’s Table.
We are an inclusive and open fellowship. We make no gender, ethnic, or racial distinctions with regard to enjoying the privileges and responsibilities of membership.
The pastor is the leader of the pastoral ministries of the church. As such, this person will work with the deacons and congregation to encourage spiritual growth, offer pastoral care to members and others in our community, and equip members in roles as lay ministers. The pastor will also supervise the church staff, including a Youth/College Minister, Minster of Music, Choral Director, Administrative Secretary, Bookkeeper, and Custodian.
Morehead, KY, is located in eastern Kentucky, one hour east of Lexington. It is in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest, and offers many outdoor recreational opportunities. Morehead has big city conveniences in a small town.
Our mission statement: “We are a community of faith where all are welcome, trust is present, risks are taken, and where the gifts and graces of our Lord enable us to be the people God knows us to be.”
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Corbin
First Baptist Church in Corbin, Ky., affiliated with CBF and Kentucky Baptist Fellowship, is seeking a full-time pastor. FBC is a traditional, progressive church with a community focus. The church has a proud 118-year history in Corbin and is ecumenical in its approach in reaching the communities of southeastern Kentucky. Located in historic downtown Corbin, the church is within minutes of I-75. The congregation of approximately 400 members welcomes diversity and inclusiveness while celebrating many gifts among its members for service and ministry. Interested candidates should submit résumés to the pastor search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor - First Baptist Church, Jasper, Georgia
We are a CBF congregation located in a county seat town about 60 miles north of Atlanta. We are in the process of looking for a new pastor for our church after the retirement earlier this year of Jimmy Lewis, who was our pastor for seven years. Feel free to contact David Stuart, Chair of the Pastor Search Committee if you have questions or need additional information. His cell number is: 770.893.8650; and his email is: email@example.com.
Pastor - Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship, Lexington, South Carolina
We are a small, moderate-to-progressive church with a 10-year history and open to candidates of either gender. We are an inclusive and ecumenical congregation, passionate about our Baptist principles and committed to deepening our faith through honest, open-minded study as well as through building relationships in the community surrounding our church walls.
• coordinating the planning and implementing of worship services for Sunday mornings andWednesday evenings
• guiding the church in spiritual and membership growth
• providing pastoral care of the church family
• participating in church administration (meetings, bulletins and web-site)
For more information, contact Annis Rankin at 803.359.3853
Minister to Students - Faith Baptist Church, Georgetown
This is a newly created position. This person would be responsible primarily for ministering to our youth, but also will be expected to be involved in college ministry. We expect that this person will have completed or is working towards a M.Div. We hire for these positions between $35,000 and 37,500, total package. Faith is a CBF/KBF congregation that would be open to both male and female candidates. Our application deadline is March 9. Contact the pastor, Bob Fox to answer any questions or to seek additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister to Families With Children - Smoke Rise Baptist Church
• Assist Senior Pastor with overall pastoral responsibilities, as assigned or requested, especially as they focus on families with children.
• Pastoral care/hospital and home visitations.
• Participate regularly in worship as requested by the Minister of Music and/or Senior Pastor.
• Enlist children to participate regularly in worship.
• Create worship opportunities for children (Kids 4:12 Worship, Ash Wednesday, Lent, Advent and Christmas Eve, etc.)
Please submit resumes to SRBCSearch2013@smokerisebaptist.org
Associate Pastor for Students - Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, Athens, GA
Milledge Avenue Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia, seeks an Associate Pastor for Students. This is a full-time ministerial position responsible for the educational and spiritual development of children (preschool to grade 5), youth (grades 6-12), and their families. This integrated ministry to students is designed to ensure that parents and families, with the support of the congregation, are equal partners in the ministry to and by students. Like the Senior Pastor, he or she is expected to be a person called by God to the ministry of the local church, with specific skills in the area of youth ministry, and with general skills in spiritual formation and pastoral ministries (e.g., preaching, teaching, congregational care, and administrative leadership). MABC is affiliated with CBF and CBF of Georgia. A seminary degree is required. Send letters of interest and resume to Search Committee, Milledge Avenue Baptist Church, 1690 S. Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA 30605, or to email@example.com.
Minister of Music - First Baptist Church, Augusta, Georgia
First Baptist Church, Augusta Georgia, is seeking a qualified, spiritual, and creative candidate for the full-time position of Minister of Music. First Baptist is a large faith community with a diverse and extensive music program. The Minister of Music is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of music within the church. This includes planning and leading worship services (traditional and contemporary), leadership for adult and children’s choirs, instrumental music, selecting music content, organizing special music services, supervising music program staff, overseeing worship technology, and pastoral care. A Seminary (or equivalent) degree is required. Experience in growing and maintaining an expansive music program is also preferred. Resumes will be accepted until April 1, 2014 and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Attention: Search Committee, First Baptist Church, P. O. Box 14489, Augusta, GA 30919.
Administrative Assistant - Buechel Park Baptist Church, Louisville
The Administrative Assistant performs the full range of secretarial and administrative functions for Buechel Park Baptist Church This is a full time position (30-40 hours per week)with benefits.
• Answer the telephone and communicate with people inside and outside Buechel Park Baptist Church regarding the work of this organization. This requires being knowledgeable and conversant about the work of Buechel Park Baptist Church.
• Operate all office equipment: computer (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), word processor, printer, copy machine and fax.
• Receive and direct incoming mail; answer routine correspondence in cooperation with the staff.
• Prepare correspondence and target mailings.
• Maintain master calendar of activities and coordinate with the Pastor and staff.
• Assist with the preparation and assembling of organizational materials.
• Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and promotional materials.
• Create and produce the monthly newsletter and two weekly publications, compiling information from the staff and church organization. (Note: the newsletter is mailed approximately every other month)
• Maintain membership database.
• Maintain Website (possess the capacity to be trained by our web host)
• Assist the Pastor in the administrative details of appointments, calendaring and other tasks while maintaining confidentiality.
• Prepare agendas, minutes and other materials for business meetings and ministry teams
Contact Don Rogers for more information.